Credit Risk Management
Tackling emerging regulation changes in a competitive credit lending environment
Changing interest rates and a competitive lending market have prompted the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA), and Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) to significantly tighten rules around credit risk. Key focuses on restrictions include re-evaluating capital holding, and implementing risk strategies to ensure responsible lending. To be compliant with the regulatory changes, while remaining profitable, requires a step change in the future of credit risk management.
With this in mind, IQPC’s Credit Risk Management 2016 will address current and upcoming regulations, best practices for credit risk management frameworks,credit portfolio management tools including stress testing, forecasting economic trends, credit data management, and balancing the consumer relationship with regulatory requirements.
IQPC is proud to host the Credit Risk Management Conference bringing together regulators and the key industry professionals from departments in banking, credit unions, and mortgage lenders.
Main Themes will include, but not be limited to:
- Understanding and complying with the restricting changes from our regulators while remaining competitive (CPS 220, RG 209, Basel 4, CCR, NCCP)
- Addressing tools and techniques for minimising risk and strengthening your credit portfolio (Stress testing, technology, data management)
- Understanding your customer to ensure responsible lending
- Establishing the direction of the housing market to forecast how it will impact your credit lending policies
- Developing an effective risk appetite with your board members to maximise business performance
Attend this conference to experience practical examples and experiences from top industry experts and discover how to implement and comply with regulations to avoid fines and allegations. With ample challenges arising in risk management arena, attending will show you how to prepare your institution for new pressing threats and mitigate your financial risks.
The Credit Risk Management Conference will include:
- Case Studies and best practice examples by Australia’s leading regulators and top industry professionals
- Interactive discussions including expert led panels and roundtables
- Presence of prospective providers
- Networking opportunities with the leading professionals in credit risk management
- Interactive workshops to help you work through the most pressing challenges and develop key strategies you can implement back on the job
What will you take out of this Event?
Proven and practical experience is guaranteed at the Credit Risk Management conference. Valuable ideas and practices will be experienced first hand through case studies presented by executives. You will develop mechanisms for your institution to implement the most effective credit risk management plan and better understand the current regulations for financial institutions.
Who will you meet at the Credit Risk Management Conference?
This industry event will bring together government agencies, heads of banks, credit lendors, mortgages and a variety of solution providers with expertise in the industry.
- Basel Committee
Banks/Credit Lendors/ Mortgages:
- Chief Credit Risk Officers
- Regulatory Reporting Officers
- Head of Credit Risk
- Senior Credit Risk Analysts
- Head of lending
- Senior Economists
- Technology & Software
- Risk Management consultants